Here's what we decided that our truck had to have. It had to be bigger, the old truck was a 250, the new one is a 450 (that's twice the payload). It had to be a diesel with a large fuel capacity. It had to be a dually to handle the extra overhang, And it had to be a crew cab to handle the extra people that appear at the races. So this is what we got:
Once the truck showed up, it wasn't good for much. Without wheel wells and mud flaps I'm not even sure if it was legal to be on the road. So the first thing that needed to be done was a to have a deck built so the dog boxes had something to sit on.
With the body of the Dog boxes done Roger moved the truck outside so he could begin the detailed work on his trademark "maple leaf doors".
After a over a year from the time the truck was ordered it was finally ready for its first trip.
There are several other things that I would like to do the truck, but they will have to wait until next year. And I'm sure that once this racing season is over that there will be some changes.