Friday 27 July 2007

July 27, 2007 Goodbye Arnie

I know many of you have met or heard stories about my Mom's dog, Arnie over the years.
Karen

Arnie Oct 18 1995 - July 24 2007

I think this is the easiest way for me to let all of you know about my Arnie. When I tried to call a few of you I cry so hard while dialling there is just no point.

We got Arnie as a Christmas present to Don from Karen and Jim in 1995. When Don passed away in /96, he left Arnie to me and he certainly became my dog. As Karen said " I'm sure there were days after dad passed that you wouldn't have gotten out of bed if it wasn't for Arnie" That is so true. He was my companion and faithful friend for all these years.

As you know he was sick and getting progressively worse so with Karen and Jim's blessings and Jim by my side , yesterday I gave him back to Don. He better be happy cause it's pretty sad here.

I can't imagine what it will be like when Jim and Melissa come to visit and no Arnie at the door to greet them. Sometimes it would take 15 minutes before they were allowed to come and say 'hi" to me.

My heart is totally broken and I will miss him forever.

Morna

No comments: