Monday 15 September 2014

NorthWapiti's Charge


NorthWapiti's Charge 
August 2, 2004 - September 11, 2014




Although I haven't said anything, Charge has been battling cancer for over 4 months. Like he did everything in his life, he gave it his all.
I think I had so much faith in the toughness of this dog that I believed he would beat it right up to the end.
Over the years I have referred to him as 'The Perpetual Motion Machine', he was a true powerhouse of a dog.




He loved his people, but he was a working dog at heart. He ate, lived and breathed to run. I have NO DOUBT that every morning he woke up and said 'thanks' for being a sled dog.

The last morning of his life, despite his cancer ravaged body, as I hooked up dogs he ran around barking and trying to convince me to take him.



Many dogs have passed through my life. All were loved - but some ..... well.......let's just say for some it takes four days to be able to sit down and share the news of their loss.

17 comments:

M said...

We think that our dogs are family-members. They are beloved but when they had to go, well.......so sorry for your loss. Lots of wet noses from our pack to you and your pack. Heel veel sterkte.

Unknown said...

Bless his sweet soul.

The Horde and their momma said...

So sorry for your loss. Charge was an amazing dog and will be deeply missed.

TimberLove said...

Sorry for your loss, indomitable huskerboo spirit to the end...

Nuk & Isis

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

We've no doubts the Pretty Curly Tails North of The Rainbow Bridge took him for a special run to welcome him -

We are sorry for your loss -

Nannette Morgan said...

So sorry for your loss, Karen. We're thinking of you and your family, 2 and 4 legged.

Dragonfly Kimmie said...

So sorry to hear.

thecrazysheeplady said...

Amen.

mistyd said...

So sorry for your loss. Wishing you peace and comfort in the days ahead. Rest easy Charge. You are missed...

Barbara B. said...

My condolences, Karen. So tough. I guess this time I really do know how you feel, more than ever; hate that cancer. I told Mischief quietly to go to her teammates, at least the 10 names I thought of right then, and I am sure that Charge's brother Watt was right there to welcome him.

Anonymous said...

It never gets any easier...

"We are the stars which sing,
We sing with our light;
We are the birds of fire,
We fly over the sky.
Our light is a voice:
We make a road
For the spirit to pass over."

- Algonquin Song of the Stars

Blessings, Jane

beth said...

hugs, The hardest part of being a musher. There are so many more to say goodbye to. Hugs.

charlee said...

Another friend has passed over the rainbow bridge. He is running without pain. Sorry for your loss.

D.K. Wall said...

We are so sorry to hear of the loss of Charge. Always enjoyed his striking looks and great work ethic. Wishing the best of comfort to you.

Terry and Linda said...

Oh! I am so sorry! I understand. Really I do. {{{HUGS}}}

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com

Minnesota Musher said...

You allowed Charge his time to sing his song and now his people will carry your heart

Pat in said...

So sorry to hear about Charge. We love that calendar photo of you bring pulled by Charge and Junior next to each other. I have one in my office and we have one at home.