Sunday 22 June 2008

Kara's Dynamic Duo

Yesterday Kara presented us with 2 lovely little daughters.
Oh gosh, thankfully that isn't one of her puppies - that is Tic looking for a cosy place to sleep last week. Kara was less then impressed.

She looks much happier with these 2!!

Being that Kara is an older Mom (she will be 9 next month), I didn't expect a huge litter, but I was hoping for 3 or 4 little ones. Oh well, a healthy Mom and pups is really the only thing we really ask for - and that, it looks like we have gotten.

Kara's very first litter, way back in 2001, were 2 lovely little grey and white girls, Dasher and Dancer. So it looks like maybe she decided to end her whelping 'career' the same way she started it.

Of course, the issue of a 'theme' for this litter has already been raised. I will say that our original intent, seeing that they were the 'mo' 'ka' litter, was to use 'coffee' as a theme. I had a huge page of great names, but now that there are just 2 I don't think it will do the theme justice, so we will leave that for another litter.

I snooped around a little on the internet last night for some female duo names that caught my eye - "Thelma and Louise" "Lucy and Ethel" "Laverne and Shirley" "Cagney and Lacey", but nothing really stood out. Right now I'm leaning towards 'Zig' and 'Zag' - or maybe "Summer" and "Solstice" - but we are really open to suggestions!

It was pretty warm yesterday - at least for our part of the world - and didn't really cool off a bit last night. This morning is warm and windy - feeling like something is blowing in. I'm off to start my day so I can hopefully get everything in the yard done before it starts to storm - or gets really hot again.

Oh, forgot to mention - we watched the 2008 Iditarod DVD 'Deja vu' yesterday. Really well done. Nice footage and excellent commentary by Bruce Lee. Even some nice shots of my team and a quick quote from me at Finger Lake. It's available through the Iditarod online store.

Karen

1 comment:

dogu said...

How about 'Famous Canadian Women'?

http://famouscanadianwomen.com/birthdays/june.htm#21

Or Famous Bitches
http://www.slightlywarped.com/crapfactory/cartoonbitches/index.htm

;-)

Signed
Slick from NH