Friday 13 February 2009

The Day Before...

Day before race day today.

We went to the big Quest banquet last night (in my role as a race official). It was pretty much a typical mushers banquet. I must say that I don't like this 'not being part of the 'big show'' even a little bit, but it is what it is.
I'm definitely looking forward to just getting out there and running dogs tomorrow.

We have a busy day today. The alarm will go off in 7 minutes (6am) and we will get dogs dropped and fed Around 9:45 we will be heading into Whitehorse. We are meeting up with Chris (yes, our Chris - he arrived in Whitehorse yesterday) and then doing a visit to our friend Hunter Vincent's kindergarten. At noon it is our vet check, then a quick trip up to the airport to pick up Markus and Mark's brother, Kelly who are flying in to handle for us for the race.
Then back to town for a 3pm driver and handler meeting.

Those of you that are around Whitehorse or seeing pictures of me in the next few days might notice something odd about me. No, I do not have a big, bloody booger hanging out of my nose - Jinx launched herself off my face yesterday while getting into her dog box, putting a big scrape from my nose all the way down to my lip. So many people were asking yesterday "What happened to you?" that I was going to put a sign around my neck that said "My lead dog did it". She is showing not a hint of remorse - the brat.

I'm going to try and put together a blog about following the race sometime today. I don't know how easy that is going to be, as I can't even seem to find a starting order list anywhere for the race and we drew our bib numbers on Wednesday night. If anyone has any suggestions for good places to find information on the race, please post them on the 'comments' section or drop me an email!!

One more sleep to go!

Karen

1 comment:

Huskymom said...

This is the place to check for YQ300 info: http://www.yukonquest.com/site/yq300-race-updates/