Thursday 13 May 2010

Reclaiming The Plant Pot!!!

Blog followers know that the plant pot on our 'back deck' has been a popular hangout this winter.

First it was Cricket...
Then our handler....

Heck even Bait got in on the act..

Well, time has come - I'M TAKING BACK THE PLANT POT!


Now, I know I won't be able to reclaim it without a battle. And battles usually have causalities - in this case, likely a bunch of innocent, unsuspecting flowers. But the flower shops are full - and I'm prepared to sacrifice whatever plants I need to to prevail. I will sit on my deck with a glass of wine in hand breathing in the heady scent of flowers from my 'garden'. I WILL!

To reach my goal, I have come up with a plan - 'support' for the troops ....


- a couple trellises.

I know, they look innocent enough, but the Brit went home, the cat is defeat-able with the Nerf gun, so it is just that polar bear of a guard dog I need to worry about. And she is going to have trouble getting her ample butt in the planter with the trellises there!

Fear not little pansy - victory will be ours!!!!

8 comments:

mushmore said...

What a kick.... Glad you have a plan. Looks like a great one...Yeah summer and flowers. Barb

Cartoonist said...

My money is on the guard dog

Anonymous said...

You go girl! That being said, I believe I'm going to have to go with Cartoonist on this...not only will innocent plants give their all, the trellises will be history. But...fear not O Wise Musher...the wine will still taste good. :-)
Tammy

Rob Fradette said...

I'm betting on cricket winning this fight. Unless those trellises are screwed to the deck, Cricket wins.

Anonymous said...

OMG where's the dog handler going to sleep when he comes back.

Rikke said...

He he maybe the pansies get afraid you expect them to climb upwards:) and run away

OR you have to buy another plant pot.

Kaos Siberians said...

Pansies Prostated by Pooch's Posterior Predicted.

Chris said...

I have seen Crickets little Butt get through a cat door.Im thinking she will still give it a go .

And as for the Nurff gun, great to see it still working on Bait.

Cheers Chris