Wednesday 11 November 2015

Maybe Ensembles Are Kinda Cool - Twig

Now that winter is fast approaching (snow is cold, it's also squishy between your toes in a neat sort of way), Bet broke out her huge collection of ensembles.  Apparently she does it every year to weed out the things that don't fit, are "out", and to plan her shopping year (apparently scarves are still "in").

Don't get me wrong, we Border Collies have some fur on us.  We are, afterall, designed to herd the sheeps in all sorts of weather.  Herding isn't just for nice weather, the sheeps must get to the pastures on time and get off the pastures on time and time waits for no sheeps.  Neither rain, nor mush, nor icky, nor anything else can keep a Border Collie from its assigned sheeps.

Of course, Border Collies usually aren't up here in the cold regions, and usually Border Collies aren't herding Pretty Curly Tails in ear deep snow... so it's ok for us to wear a little sumthin sumthin to stave off that cold and ick.

I get that now!  I kind of mocked Bet and her ensembles, but I do get it now.  It's ok to be warm AND fashionable.  Doesn't make you any less of a Coolie.

The reason I get it now is because Bet gave me this fantastic sweatshirt!


I know it's a bit hard to see, because it perfectly matches my furs, so here's a better shot of it:


Check it out!  It's an official North Wapiti sweatshirt!  It fits beautifully!  A hood to keep my ears warm in the winter, the sleeves aren't so long and won't interfere with my herding, and it actually makes me look a bit slimmer!


It even has the red and purple laces like the ones available on the Musher's little shop page for humans!

I've been told that there are still human-versions available on the shop that you can buy!  They're very fleecy, warm, comfy, and make you look like a fierce super-model!


If you haven't already gotten one, I highly recommend you do!

You can go here and take a look at the human versions, then follow the link on that page to contact the Helpful Minions to get pricing and shipping info and you can actually buy one!  You can look as fierce as me... and be stylish!

- Twig

No comments: