Thursday 3 September 2009

Batting 1000

I'm scared. On my morning runs I'm still putting young dogs up in lead for the first time and each time - success.
First See, then Dew, than Utin, Billie and this morning, Smartie. (Sorry, no pictures this morning the camera battery was dead!)

Yup, the little 'Crunchette' (as she is called because she looks so much like her Dad) has had a bunch of really great runs in the team lately, so she seemed like an obvious choice to try in lead this morning.
Other then missing a few turns, which is very understandable with a rookie leader, she was great. She's a little gal, but she digs in hard and puts everything she has on the gangline everytime.

I'm very proud of her!

But, this is way too much good karma. The universe is setting me up for something. I have visions of a whole 16 dog team up a tree after a squirrel or over the river bank or wrapped around the legs of a moose or ... the list goes on.

11 comments:

Huskymom said...

Watt is whispering instructions to the rookies.....

cartoonist said...

I'm thinking your pants will spontanesouly combust

Rob Fradette said...

I would think that whom ever controls the Karma still owes you. I can think of a few things but figure you should just look forward, looking back gets you no where.

D.K. Wall said...

And, somehow, Bait will be involved.

Andi Louise said...

I do the same thing. When things are going to good for too long, you wonder what big event is going to come and screw it all up! LOL

granimar said...

I'm with the looking forward and Karma owes you thinking. Karma was definitely on vacation last year or texting when it should have been paying attention. Hopefully, Karma has it's act together this year---you're definitely due.

Kathryn said...

Next you can try Trutle. If you're really waiting for something to fall apart, I can send you Bean and get the bad karma out of your system so you can continue your good runs.

Jane Eagle said...

Don't tempt fate.
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
You have a huge store of good karma from which to draw.
I hope your pants don't spontaneously combust!

Anonymous said...

Relax and enjoy these great runs...sounds like the dogs are enjoying it!

Beth G said...

...or this will be the year for the other mushers to sit up and take notice of your Siberians!

Katerina said...

No Karen, it is a "reward" for what you had to go through with Watt. Or at least that´s how I would interpret it. I am happy for you!