Friday 24 June 2011

Bet Goes Postal - Bet

Howdy Ho everyone!  Its your fundraising Border Collie in Chief, Bet here!

I just wanted to send a huge shout out to everyone that adopted one of the North Wapiti stuffies to help the Musher mush in the 2012 Iditarod!  THANK YOU!  I hope you all enjoy your genuine North Wapiti stuffies and give them a good home.

Since the Musher is still out of town on her whirlwind public speaking tour, I wanted to get a jump on mailing out the stuffies and authentic, one of a kind, pre-licked Iditarod Musher cards so that everyone will get their stuff jiffy quick.

I was able to find enough boxes around the house for all of the stuffies.  I'm pretty sure the stuff that was already in those boxes didn't need to be in those boxes anyway, and I got all of the stuffies packed nice and safe... even though the Tramplings managed to pop all of the bubble wrap.  They are so helpful.

I do admit that taping up the boxes was a bit of a challenge, and I'm sure I lost quite a bit of fur but think of it as an added souvenir with your stuffie.

Just as I was getting everything ready, and had even convinced Cricket to pull the wagon of boxes to the Perryvale Country Store/Post Office, the Musher guy poked his head up from his game of Angry Birds Summer Pignic (which he constantly complains about the fact that it doles out new levels every 8 hours and we're all sick of hearing him yell each hour "6 HOURS TO THE NEXT LEVEL.... 5 HOURS TO THE NEXT LEVEL") and says:

"You did know Canada Post was on strike... right?"
WAH?

WHAT????

SERIOUSLY??????

Sigh, apparently so I'm afraid (see here).  Nothing is going in, or coming out.  They aren't even allowing the other companies to drop their stuff off to get delivered or sent, so that pretty much puts a huge dent in my plans to get these stuffies out of here to their new owners.

We certainly hope that the strike ends soon and we're able to get these stuffies to their adopted homes, but until it does end... we're kinda stuck, and we apologize for the inconvenience and hope you understand.

Sniff... this fundraising stuff is hard.

- Bet

2 comments:

Louise said...

Poor Bet. All the responsibilities of a Border Collie. You do your best, though, we know. Now, it's mid afternoon, so go lie down and take a nap.

Susan A. Smith, NBCT said...

Bet, you are one cool dog-fundraiser-postmistress-cardlicker- and author. I am never bored reading your rantings so thanks for another great blog entry.