Saturday 31 December 2011

My Last Post - Bet

Of the year that is... hehehe fooled you all!

Happy New Year everybody!  Its your roving Border Collie Reporter, Bet here!

As you can see, I've turned in my reporter hat for my nurse uniform... I have to say, I really don't like this hat because it keeps falling off in my water bowl.

The good news is that Rocket continues to be the same Rocket as before and that's a good thing, except she now has me massaging her crampy toes and she's learned how to do sad eyes and get goodies, which takes inventory out of my goodie count.  If she starts getting waffles... well, that's where I draw the line, that's all I'm saying.

Ok, look, we've got a lot of things to catch up on, and since its almost bedpan time I need to get out my list of things to do and get you all caught up on things and stuff and junk.

First off, I want to thank ALL of you because ALL of the Pretty Curly Tails are now sponsored!!!! Yippeee!!!! Hopefully all of the whining and complaining and yammering (especially from that Tramp) will stop and the Curly Tails can concentrate on their training and stop doing marketing pitches for sponsorship.  I have no idea what Newt is going to do with that giant Newt blimp, but that's his problem.


Anyhooo!!!

It has come to my attention that the Snack Bag post MAY have gotten lost in the holiday rush, so here's the deal again...

Musher needs stuffs on the trail
Pretty Curly Tails needs stuffs on the trail
We're gonna let you help get those stuffs to them on the trail, but we need to act fast!

So, see that big square at the top of the blog that looks like this:
If you click on that, it takes you to the Snack Bag Instruction page!!!  It will tell you all about how to shop, stuff, and send a snack bag that will go to the Iditarod and sit at one of the famous checkpoints and wait for the Musher and Pretty Curly Tails to get there, then be eaten by the Musher on the Iditarod trail and then you can say that you made an Iditarod Musher happy by giving her tasty things!

Another way to help is to help us buy stuffs that the Musher and Pretty Curly Tails need on the trail and we have a list and some handy buttons where you can donate moneys so the Snack Bag Minion can buy stuffs for them... like

PRILOSEC OTC, which the Pretty Curly Tails really need to help keep them from getting upset tummies and those nasty ulcer things that are really REALLY bad for them!

HANDWARMERS that are used to slip into the Pretty Curly Tail coats at checkpoints to help them warm sore muscles and make them toasty warm and comfy

LITHIUM BATTERIES so the Musher doesn't have to set her boot on fire to see the trail... oh yeah, you should all remember that year.

As of right now (12/31/2011), here is our inventory:


Item Need
Prilosec OTC 194
AA Lithium Batteries 60
Mini Mitts 64
Handwarmers 124
Juice Boxes 56
Gatorade 0

We have a long way to go, but its a start, so lets get on it peoples!!!

We also want to thank everybody that has already bought some stuffs and we're so thankful, we've put your names in the right hand side as Drop Bag Item sponsors!!!  THANK YOU!!!!

-BET

4 comments:

Jack & Moo said...

Woozers, Bet - a Border Collie's work is never done, is it? Woo do a great job keeping those Curly-tails herded together and in good order. Happy New Year!

jack & moo

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I wasn't sure who to address this to but I bought some Prilosec today for the Pretty Curly Tails using my husband's credit card and was wondering if my name could be added to his on the Sponsor List? Happy New Year everybody!!

~ Sherry Gaye

babs said...

Happy New Year, Bet! And Musher & Musher Mark, Cartoonist, Pretty Curly Tails, Cricket, Bait, Tic & anyone I've omitted. Wishing everyone the best in 2012

Anonymous said...

Hi Bet, I know I am really late reading this post but I was so surprised & happy to see so many items already purchased. I tried to support all the items but when I went to pay several of them were already complete! That's awesome! Anywho, as you might say, we just choose more of the ones in need! So glad you are helping Karen out! If it turns out that the curly tails or Karen need any more Prilosec we'd be happy to supply more of that! No one ever wants to have another loss like in 2007 with Snickers!