Wednesday 5 January 2011

A Change Of Plans.... - Bet

I bet you are wondering why I'm now posting instead of Kara... don't freak out, nothing is wrong with Kara, its just that I'm pleased to announce that I am the 25th dog on the truck for our trip to Oregon!  I'm so excited I may even piddle a little!

The Musher said that she needed someone to guard the truck while she was out racing with Richard, and I really did think that Cricket would get the nod, but the Musher gave that awesome responsibility to me, and I hope to herd the truck well before I use it to nap.

The Musher was waaaay too busy preparing for our trip to post this herself, so she asked me to provide everyone with an update.  She said something about a house of cards that usually falls, but this time they didn't, something, something, dinner.

She also said that Mark is going to stay home and deal with some work commitments, so Richard, Musher, and Helen are hitting the road, with me and 24 of the curly tails all the way to Oregon.  Some of you may remember Helen, who was the handler for the 2009 Caledonia Classic in Fort St. Jame, BC, and she smells like cookies.

About that "change of plans" title, apparently we won't be heading up to Elkford, BC to race the weekend after Eagle Cap, the Musher decided to pass on that for this year and head home for a few days.

The Musher also said that it was a difficult decision on which dogs to take with us, and she knows its been on everyone's minds as she's received some e-mails asking.  There was a lot of debate and discussion about the whole thing (that I slept through), and even though she and Richard are still training 32 dogs, just because a dog isn't going with us doesn't mean they won't get on the truck for the next trip, so don't get all concerned.  Actually, some of the girls didn't make the cut because they're in season.

So for the Eagle Cap race Richard's team will be:

Dasher
Bingo
Billie
Wonder
Irving
Wifi
Turtle
Utin
Runner
Astro
Hector
Herman

The Musher's team will consist of -

Jinx
Bang
Rocket
See
Tess
Roscoe
Shooter

um... you're really going to hate me for this but... I totally zonked out when she was reading me the list and I can't remember the rest of them.  Don't yell at me I'm sensitive!  Besides, we're now going to play a game, where if you've been paying attention to the blogs, and all of the pretty pictures... then you know the 32 dogs that are in training... and by process of elimination, who can be the first to tell me who the 5 dogs are... I'm pretty sure I can come up with a really cool prize of some sort to send to you, so get to work and figure it out.

Meanwhile, I need to look at my notes and get ready to tell you all about our fun visit to Joe Hall Ford in Lewiston, Idaho!

5 comments:

granimar said...

AHA Bet, you were being obsessive about circling the dog truck, that's why you don't remember the other 5.
I'll bet the stop in Lewiston for the truck was a really frustrating stop.
Hope you survive the rest of the trip to Joseph---gosh I hope you are there !!! If not cover your eyes on the scary parts of the road.

BADASmusher said...

I will take a shot...
the other 5 are
Crunchie
Q
Wolvie
Barq
Charge

Anonymous said...

The other members of Karen's team are:

Q
Crunchie
Wolfie
Barq
Charge

Meg and Irving dropped

Helen Thorgalsen said...

Dear Granimar,
Actually the visit to Joe Hall Ford was pretty good for me since that have a very nice and plush waiting room. I was not allowed on the fancy couch but the rug with pretty darn comfy. So I was able to keep guard of the people while the truck was getting repaired.
Bet
PS I have a new person to boss around and her name is Helen!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Bet, you write the Blog really cool - Kara Teached you perfect - First good Juan to Karen and Richard...
i saw they reached 2nd checkpoint !

I think the other Team members are
Crunchie
Q
Wolfie
Barq
And i Hope Rocky :-)))

Kalle
Mark alone at Home --- ohoh ;-)) Greetz to you
Kalle