Wednesday 17 March 2004

March 17, 2004 Wake up Call

I got a morning wake up call from Karen, never a good thing. She broke her sled half way to Shaktoolik and limped in on one runner. Luckily, the checker in Shaktoolik is Karen's old buddy and Iditarod finisher Palmer Shagonik. He managed to help Karen fix her sled, he said that it wasn't damaged enough it replace, and there was nothing to replace it with anyway.

So because of her poor run over to Shaktoolik, Karen decided to stay there 8 hours. She told me that Wayne broke his sled on the way to Unalakleet, but was able to swap it out with one of the spare ones that someone else had sent there.

Karen had discussed dropping Camilla and Olena for various reasons that I didn't pay attention to, so it couldn't have been to serious. She only dropped one for now so I don't know who it is. I pretty sure that all dropped dogs from now on go to Nome, so I'll see who it is tomorrow.

I'm off to the prison to pick up Draco.
Later
Mark

No comments: