Sunday 28 June 2009

Karen's Comments on First Day Sign Up

So, couple of things in the sign up list that interest me -

Nice to see Lynda Plettner , Terry Adkins and the very colorful Fabrizio
Lovati's names on the list again! Very thrilled to see my friend, Ross
Adam's name back on the list too!!!!! (Ross and his fantastic wife, Karen allowed me to make my first trip to see the Iditarod in 1998 and I even got to travel the trail with Karen!! We stopped in Skwentna, Rainy Pass, Nikolai, McGrath, Ruby, Unalakleet and Nome! Not only was it great prep for my first Iditarod - it was one of the most fun trips I've ever taken!)

I'm not a fan of leased teams, but I had a chance to observe Newton
Marshall on the Quest last year and think he will be a tremendous asset to
the Iditarod. He is a fine and inspiring young man! I'm a fan!!!

Also noticing the absence of a couple of my very favorite mushers like Rick
Swenson and Mike Williams.

Very nice to see Michelle Phillips journeying over to Iditarod from Quest.

I also see three Siberian teams signed up - my own, Blake Freking and rookie
Canadian Hank DeBruin. Cool!

Looks like it is already shaping up to be a great race!

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe the race might be without Rick Swenson this year. I know Mike is mostly on but occasionally misses the race. The race will look differently this year; that's why it's fun to follow it! Glad you are signed up!
Diane