Wednesday 10 June 2009

Puppies with Political Viewpoints?




Temperatures have been unusually cool around here all spring. The last 3 mornings in a row we have been able to take teams out - and even do a bit of scootering afterwards - so this morning I decided that we would sleep in alittle.

So, it was up at 6 to see Mark off the day (he was in training and did have to leave at his usual 5am), then a bit of breakfast, a lot of coffee and my morning online jigsaw puzzle before heading out to the dog yard.
I did a bit of burning, fed puppies and Sprite, and then cleaned the garage up a bit before turning my attention to the dog yard.
A bunch of the dogs are blowing coat in a big way and I needed to get on top of that. I turned on the music, got out the grooming gear and headed off to get Moses - only to rush back when the yard fired up barking. Everyone else settled down quickly except for Snert, Skookum and Astro.




It took a few minutes to figure out what had them all in a panic - the outdoor speakers!

Since they were fall puppies and I don't normally turn the speakers on in the cold (kills the huge amount of batteries they use fast) they had never heard radio in the dog yard before.

I tried to assured them that the speakers were not strange, short, grey beings but they refused to listen.











But then again, I was listening to CBC (Canada's NPR) and they were having a political discussion, so maybe, just maybe the pups had conflicting viewpoints that they couldn't contain!

Karen

PS. There are some pictures to go with this, but I can't seem to get them to load. I'll try again later!











3 comments:

NW Fan said...

You mentioned that you did some "burning". Does that mean trash burning? Do you burn everything, in all seasons? Please explain how it works to us city folks who put trash into a plastic bin and watch it disappear.

Katerina said...

this funny fear seems genetic :) Krtek is scared of pig ears, for a change. She is Astro, Skookum and Snert´s niece (although two years older than them :)).

Kaos Siberians said...

I realized I haven't watched a lot of TV in the last couple of years when the Satinklettes (Emmy, Tipton and Sage) all went racing around to find where the voices were coming from.

Can't wait to drop in the Pretty Sled Dogs DVD and watch 'em really go nuts!