Tuesday 24 July 2012

Tour de l'Alberta

In the process of 'reclaiming' my body in the last few years, as many of you might have noticed,  I have 'rediscovered' biking.

I bought a new bike in the spring of  '11. Nothing fancy, as I wasn't sure how much I was really going to bike or what 'style' of biking was going to appeal to me. As it turns out I have more then gotten my monies worth out of my purchase and am (much to Mark's disapproval) eying a new 'fancier', more specific to the type of biking I most enjoy, bike. (a 29er, for those wondering, so I can do more off road riding)

In the meantime, I'm pushing the limits of the bike I have however I can.

Yesterday, I pretended it was a road bike for the 50km division of the widely popular Tour de l'Alberta. Over 1200 cyclists were there riding the 30k, 50k, 100k and 175k events.

It was a really well organized, low key, fun time.

I dragged my friend and neighbour, Gabi Husch along for the day.


She's a good sport and not too hard to talk into all kinds of trouble - so my kind of friend!!!



We both had a good time and didn't find the 50kms too overly challenging!!



The rest stops were well set up and organized too!!





Next year the 100k!!!!





4 comments:

McKValerie said...

Good for you!

McKValerie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yellowdoggranny said...

I'd get me a bike and ride it around town, but I can just hear everyone making jokes about Jackie pedaling her ass around town..

Unknown said...

The rest stop perhaps might remind one of some other much colder and snowier checkpoints?