Saturday 5 January 2013

Bet's Birthday

On Thursday one of my favorite souls on the whole planet had a birthday. She turned six.
In honour of this auspicious occasion I wanted to share a poem by an author I am very fond of A.A. Milne. 


Now We Are Six 

Author: A.A. Milne

When I was one,
I had just begun.
When I was two,
I was nearly new.
When I was three,
I was hardly me.
When I was four,
I was not much more.
When I was five,
I was just alive.
But now I am six,
I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six
now and forever.
Yes, Bet - I think you should stay six forever and ever.

Love you my freaky little Friend!!


 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bet.

SHIRLY said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BET, ENJOY YOUR GOOD MEAL BEFORE YOU.

ravensinthewind said...

Happy Birthday, Bet.. from Margaret Riley and "Charlie" who thinks you are so beautiful!.. I loved the poem...

Ricki said...

Happy Birthday, Bet!

Jenny Glen said...

Oooh, Bet, how perfect to celebrate your birthday with a Pooh Bear poem! My favorite! Happy Birthday!

Steve & Kat said...

Happy birthday Bet! My two Sibes turned six in October and I really hope they will be six forever. I thought we had a deal that they were going to stay five, but that didn't happen!

The Heartbeats said...

what a face! <3 Happy Birthday!

Mamma heartbeat