Tuesday 8 January 2013

FAIL

Our dog truck spends most of the summer on vacation. Yup, it takes the occasional trip to the city to pick up dog food or to Westlock when I'm taking more than 2 dogs to the vet, but for the most part it just hangs out.

This morning Brittany and I loaded up 12 dogs (plus Bet) and headed to the vet clinic to get rabies shots done. Mark had taken the truck to the city a month or so back for food and it was running fine. This morning it also ran fine, but when I turned on the big moose lights, nothing happened.
I messed around with the switches a bit and then shrugged. I'd have Mark look at it when I got home. He is an electrician, after all.

The trip to the vet was uneventful. Everyone was well behaved and took their shots like the rough, tough sled dogs they are - okay, maybe not Bet, but really what did you expect? She is not a rough, tough sled dog, after all.

When I got home I mentioned to Mark that the moose lights weren't working. A bit later he came to the house and summoned me to come see the reason they weren't working. "This really needs a visual", he said.

Indeed it did.






Every animal here at the kennel has a purpose. The Siberians pull sleds, Cricket guards,  Bet runs puppies (and blogs) and the cats keep the place rodent free. Let me repeat that last one ....the cats keep the place rodent free.

FAIL Bait and Tic....EPIC FAIL!!!!!!!

10 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

Ok, I have found mice nests in my engine - but THAT is huge.

beth wheeler said...

wow that is huge.... it is awesome:) hope you didn't lose the little buggers on the way... they put so much work into their house ya hate to see them homeless

babs said...

My car was running funny, so I took it to the dealer. The mechanic showed me the air filter- full of kibble. He told me the warranty didn't cover mice.

Anonymous said...

DANG IT!!!THAT IS A COZY NEST!SURELY THEY COULD FIND SOMEWHERE TO NEST...IF THEY HAD TOO?

Anonymous said...

Maybe it is a moose nest.

Jenny Glen said...

That is disgusting!

Helen Johnson said...

Did you happen to mention to the cats that under the hood is also their responsibility? I kick mine out of there for safety reasons.

AK Michele RN said...

Oh that's just WRONG... Bad KITTIES!

Dashi said...

I assume that is a nest built of wonderful husky fluff... It must be like Mouse heaven!!

Brandi Williamson said...

I'm a personal fan that the nest is made of mostly husky fur!