Monday 28 February 2000

February 27-2, 2000

This is test, and only a test, if this was a real post Karen would be running down the Iditarod trail instead of sitting beside me on the couch.

For those of you who don't know me my name is Mark and I'm Karen's husband. My job around the kennel is the handler. The Handler is the person who does all the work and gets none of the glory. Actually the handler is the most important job in the kennel. You must be able to be a Vet, a Coach, a sports psychologist, a chef, a truck driver, a quad and snowmachine mechanic, a sled repairer, a carpenter, a trail builder, a pooper scooper, a dog groomer, a sponsor, and a kennel builder, and in my spare time I run the second team. My favorite thing about being a handler is getting to spend time with each of the dogs. Some nights I go outside and lay on the doghouses and watch the stars with each of the dogs. I guess now I can add journalist to the list of responsibilities.

While Karen is on the trail I'll be keeping you up to date with her progress, so keep an eye open.

Bye for now Mark

No comments: