Monday 23 February 2004

February 2004 Training in Alaska



February Pictures
Training in Alaska

Mark's team, led by Gus and Camilla on the Yentna River



No, I didn't slam into the tree, but it sure looks like I was going to!




Kara and Hilda



Denali and Evil Olena in lead
Denali and Evil Olena in lead




That's Kara looking back over her shoulder at the camera






Mark looks over his shoulder to see what I'm up to



Mark snacking his leaders (Hector and Gus in lead)



Munching on fish



The sign next to the trail says "Hang On" and they aren't kidding!




Unloading the dog truck



Drop bags



Mark and I oversee the 'weighing' of the bags



Drop bag activity



Drop bag activity



Watching them total up the figures. Final count 1610 lbs. WAY down from my
previous amounts all over 2000 lbs. Faster race = less supplies.



Watching...



Watching



Hanging out with Iditarod Head Vet Dr. Stu Nelson

No comments: