Tuesday 15 July 2008

California Trip

So, I'm down in California about half way through my California trip and having a great time.

I arrived last Friday, then Saturday judged a match for the Siberian Husky Club of the Redwoods. Over 50 dogs turned up and I was very pleased with the line up of dogs I had for Best in Match. I'm not going to type out all the results, but here are a few highlights -

Best Adult in Match - Kochevoey's Flight Plan
Best Opposite in Match - Maskarade's What Dreams May Come
Best Puppy in Match - Serenade's Winter Wizard
Best Veteran - White Star's Silver Wing (who looked REMARKABLE for 13!!!)
Best Altered - Waymar Lycancon's Lucy
Best Jr Handler - Zach Stewart

Congratulations to all and thanks for bringing me so many lovely dogs!!!

Sunday I did a presentation at the California Maritime Academy. It was a great facility and there were all kinds of great raffle and auction items!! A number of us wrapped up the afternoon with a lovely dinner at The Dead Fish.

Sunday Jane Eagle, Kathy Sparks, Jane Cordingly and myself spent the day puttering around the beautiful Sonoma Valley tasting a lot of wine, some cheese, chocolate and olive oil. It was a really, really enjoyable day.

Today Carlos Rivera and I did a whirlwind tour of San Francisco. Although it was a quick tour, Carlos is a fantastic host and tour guide and I had a great time. I even remembered my camera and snapped a few shots of the Golden Gate Bridge, the Crooked Street, Chinatown and Pier 39. http://picasaweb.google.com/northwapiti/SanFrancisco

Tomorrow I fly down to southern California were I will be spending a few days before doing a final presentation on Saturday and then heading back home early Sunday!

Phew!! I'll need to rest from my rest!!

Karen

No comments: