Saturday 14 August 2010

It's Amazing Where A Dog Team Can Take You!

Joe Redington Sr once said that a good five dog team could take you anywhere. Well, for me it started with one dog and I never in my wildest dreams could have imagined where she would end up indirectly taking me!!


Those of you that follow me on Facebook know that my traveling did not stop in the UK. After spending a lovely weekend with Richard and his wife Kim in Lincolnshire I jumped on a plane and headed a further 10,000 km to Cape Town, South Africa!

The reason for my visit was to do a presentation at the South Africa Dry Land Sledding Association National Event in Colesberg. Natalie and Andre van der Merwe of Snowdrift Siberians were my hosts for the 11 days I was in the country.

It was far too much of an adventure to cover in just one blog, so I'm going to break it up into 2 or 3 different blogs! The first one, of course, is going to be about the reason for the event - the Colesberg Nationals!!

Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

Maxmom said...

Hey there Karen
The 'Thundering Herd' alerted me to your plans on your blog for the next couple of weeks (?), so here I am....:)
Firstly - a big, albeit belated WELCOME to SOUTH AFRICA!!! It's going to be so interesting to see what you write about our country :). I hope you were well hosted and looked after - otherwise next time you will have to come to us! :)
Looking forward to your posts.
Sending lotsaluv
MAXMOM IN SOUTH AFRICA

granimar said...

Karen, So glad you are home as I know ALL of North Wapiti is. Blogs of your adventure will be well worth waiting for---what a wonderful experience, but so glad you are back