Sunday 27 February 2011

Dropping A Dog

A number of folks have noticed something on the Canadian Challenge video and photos that I thought I'd finally mention to you all - I have lost a little bit of weight since last winter. Okay, maybe alittle more then alittle - in fact I have dropped over the weight of my largest sled dog since last April. Fifty five pounds to be precise.
In fact, today I went clothes shopping with Colleen and fit into a size 12 jean. Last March I wore a size 20. (The grin on my face when the 12's easily zipped up was pretty darn big, I tell ya!).


Anyway, this was me last April -




This is me now - 



Don't see it?? Really??

Okay, so it turns out there aren't alot of pictures of me where I'm not wearing 20 layers of clothing and an anorak. We are going to work on that.

For now you'll just have to take my word for it!!!

As for how I did it - well SWEAT was the secret. With the exception of my trip to England/South Africa this summer, you could count on both hands the number of days I didn't spend between an hour and a half and two hours working out.
I pedaled my way through 4 seasons of Dexter (awesome), 4 seasons of Northern Exposures (my favorite), and a whole bunch of movies.
In addition, thanks to my crazy Cartoonist friend, I got addicted to Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for WII. Great fun and a good workout!!

Since November working out has been hard to find time for, but by watching my diet (although I still will eat a little bit of whatever I want, but just a little) and thanks to dog yard chores and races, I've been able to continue to lose.

It has been over 25 years since I weighed what I currently weigh. I feel 100% better and more energetic then I have the last few years.

Looking better is just icing on the cake!!!

And my dogs?? Well they are thrilled to not be carrying that extra 'dog' around with them all the time now!!!

Karen

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Karen, it’s hard to lose weight but you did it! Keep up the good work. I so enjoy your blog, love hearing about Richard, your wonderful Dog Handler aka Mark the Musher Guy, and of course Bet the Roving Reporter. Thank you for the wonderful stories, keep them coming!

granimar said...

I did notice in several pictures along the way, but didn't want to ask, that would have been prying and rude.
Congratulations, Karen, I know how tough it is to loose and keep it off. Those size 12 jeans should really feel good---you've earned it.

Katerina said...

Awesome, Karen! What an inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Wonderful news. Good job!!

Marilyn said...

You must be so proud of yourself Karen, your an inspiration to us all.

Nannette Morgan said...

I noticed too but like Marlene I didn't want to be rude. What an accomplishment. That will inspire me to work harder at losing too. I've been ice skating an hour once a week this fall and winter and that has helped! Keep up the good work!!!

BADASmusher said...

Great job! Keep up the work-out :-)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely amazing! I admire your will power & can only imagine how happy you were getting your new jeans zipped. It's getting harder every year to lose the "winter fat" that I seem to get! Don't lose too much or you will have to get all new mushing gear!!!
Sitka's Mom (the Columbus Ohio one)

Anonymous said...

WOW! Congratulations! Good for you!