Monday 30 September 2013

Why The Guard Dog Doesn't Live in the House....

(well, besides the fact that you can't GUARD the property if you are snoring on the Cloud!!!!)

We are having some concrete blocks delivered for a (fantastic) project that Mark is working on. Rather then have the guard dog harass the poor delivery guy (I've tried to explain to her that it is only people TAKING things that she need worry about, but she just doesn't seem to get the point) as he unloads and stacks the heavy blocks, I just had Cricket come into the house with me.

It's drizzly and rather cold outside today, so she was happy for the invitation.

Bet was APPALLED!!! APPALLED!!!


She quickly made it clear that every second of attention I paid the 'Polar Bear' had to be shared with her too.




I nearly died under a pile of dog hair.
It's also fairly apparent that Cricket's 110 lbs of dogness doesn't fit well in our 1000 sq ft house.


It's much easier to ignore a begging dog when they are not eyeball to eyeball with you. 
"Is that cheese you are eating?"


And then this happened....


OMG!!! Bet made it perfectly clear that if the guard dog wasn't back outside very soon I was going to die a slow and painful death in my bed tonight.

I think I'll go check how that delivery guy is coming along........

2 comments:

Blk Lab Guy said...

Hello Bet,

I see you are sharing your bed with Cricket. Do you recommend the kong beds? We buy the costco beds, but they seem to go flat after a few weeks

Rebecca2 said...

A nice little vacation for Polar Bear. Don't worry, Bet, You're still queen.