Saturday 18 July 2015

R-E-S-P-E-C-T - Bet

I don't get any.

Howdy Ho Everybodies, yes it's me, your Sheepie Thing Herding, Pretty Curly Tail Training, Roving and Non-Roving Border Collie Reporter, Bet.

Sigh.

Sometimes I think I get taken for granted around here.

Bait and Tic won't do anything with me.

I thought KD would make a great pet and we could talk about ensembles and stuffs and things, but she hates me.

The Pretty Curly Tails all have their own little social inner circles, and besides, all they do is talk about is that time on the trail.

I've heard all of the stories.  That time on the trail when the stompy moose tried to hurt us.  That time on the trail where we ran a bazillionty miles and got to Nome.  That time on the trail where we rolled in the dead elk.

Euw.

Anyhoo, I really like it when we have puppies and I can teach them stuffs and things and play with them and they don't have any "that time on the trail" stories.

But then they grow up, and they start their merge into the kennel area, and they start listening to the professional Curly Tails and listen to the "that time on the trail" stories, and the next thing you know, they don't want to hear about my ensembles any more, and they don't want to hear about how I herdy herded a bunch of sheepie things into a pen... they want to roll in dead elk!

Euw.

That time has come with the Poutines of Anarchy.

HEY, want to hear about how I rounded up the sheepie things and made them run into a corral, it's was fantabulous!!!

No?  What do you mean no?  Why are you laughing??
You WILL listen to my sheepie thing story!!!
... and then the sheepie things tried to get away, but the Musher whistled to alert me and... are you falling asleep?

See?  They want to pull the sled, and run, run, run, run, run, run and then run some more.

HEY HEY HEY, Wanna hear about how I herded the sheepies into a cage and then saved the whole world?

OH Auntie Bet, you didn't save the world, and how hard is it to chase sheepie things, they're silly!

Sigh.  Sometimes I wish I had someone around that would appreciate the skill and art of sheepie herdy herding and also play dress up with.

- Bet

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw Bet. So glad that you have aquired the talent for herding sheepy thingys. Siberian puppies grow up and get smart and sneaky, but I've heard that sheepy thingies pretty much need to be herded their whole lives, so they will always need you. Besides, I know a lady who sheers sheepy thingies and makes them look like poodles (no RESPECT there :-) )

Kathye

Louise Liebenberg said...

Bet, have your tried to speak to Bear? I am sure he could share some sheep stories with you?

Unknown said...

Come here bet, I sew and could make you outfits and I'm sure my neighbor would find sheep things for you to herdy herd.

Marilyn said...

Maybe you should talk to the Musher about that, Bet!

Unknown said...

Poor Bet. The Pretty Curly Tails may have pretty in their name but that's as far as it goes! In fact, they have filthy mouths with all that trash talking they like to do. I have some border collie friends who would agree with you - all that hip-checking and cross-checking and high-sticking...and the stuff that comes out of their mouths...definitely not family friendly, or even fit for a casual shopping spree.

Louise Midkiff said...

Bet, don't you get to go for ATV rides and bike trips with the Musher? Besides, you being a grown up lady and all, it's kind of unique to get to model the things that the Musher makes and go on shopping trips with her and all. Tell KD that she just wanted to grow up too fast. It's more fun to stay a kitten longer.