Friday 22 August 2008

YEAH!!!

I woke up this morning to a sound even better then geese honking as they headed south - the furnace!! Yup, for the first time in months, the beast in the basement groaned to life and puffed heat up into the house. When that happens, I don't even have to glance at the temperature display on the ceiling to know it is cold enough to run.
The dogs went crazy when I fired up the 4 wheeler and backed it up to the 'take off' post. With a lot of wrestling and bit of bodily injury (to me) I pulled 14 dogs out of the yard and onto the ready chain.

Last night I got it in my head that I needed to try young Rocket in lead. I've been growing fonder and fonder of that crazy little dancing dog over the summer and yesterday when I was picking up her bowl and having a chat with her, I just got it in my head that she needed to try out leading. So this morning there she was at the head of the pack along with the brilliant Spider.
The run was fast and fabulous! We all had a GREAT time!
And little Rocket - she had a blast. Not only did she do a great job in lead, she danced at the beginning of the run, in the middle of the run and at the end of the run. She seemed to find the whole experience stress free and just plain FUN!!



Obviously I was wise to listen to that little voice in my head last night.
There are a few more pictures at - http://picasaweb.google.com/northwapiti/August222008
ALL GOOD!
Karen


No comments: