Saturday 15 May 2010

The New Hammock

I don't have a lot of luck with hammocks. The last two I've had have been destroyed by squirrels - one being used as a mushrooms storage unit over the winter - and the other was stolen piece by piece to build nests. However, last month while I was in IKEA I just couldn't resist picking up a new one.

It has taken awhile, but yesterday I dragged it out and started hunting for the right trees to string it between. I settled on this spot -

To make sure it was the 'right' spot I had to give it a try. 


It is well shaded ...














Has a good view of the dog yard....















Well, if you can see past the Border Collie ...
















Seems she is quite enamoured with stretching out with me in the hammock...

So enamored that once I dragged myself out to get back to chores, she decided to climb in without me. That didn't work so well for her...














I'm sure she is still turning the whole situation over in her mind, trying to figure out why it was a great resting spot with Mom, but a bad place to climb in on her own. Poor dear! They may be a smart breed, but physics is obviously beyond them!








The cats and Cricket watched from a safe distance...

Kara came over and made sure I could still reach her to give her a scratch and then retreated back to the house for a nap on the cloud.
So I think this will be the spot...
 I'm going to work hard at making sure I wear this one out before the squirrels claim it!

Karen

1 comment:

D.K. Wall said...

Poor Bet.

Since the planter is now off limits, wonder how long until you see Cricket sprawled in the hammock.