Saturday 31 December 2011

Local 'Wildlife'.

For Christmas Mark got me a very cool 'game camera'.  It was pretty much a perfect gift, something I wanted, but could never justify spending money on!!!

I was quite captivated by Parks Canada's great You Tube Video A Wild Year - Banff National Park when I saw it on Facebook last year.

So with visions of "A Wild Year - NorthWapiti" dancing my head I've been having  a lot of fun moving the camera around the woods and checking it in the mornings to see what we 'captured', looking for the 'perfect' spot to capture my 'Twelve Months, Four Seasons, One Revolution of the Sun' at the kennel.

I'm sorting out that camera placement and positioning is key to success in 'bagging' wildlife and requires a bit of skill. Skill I obviously lack, as this is all I've gotten so far....






Check back next year for "A Not So Wild Year - Cricket.....Twelve Months, Four Seasons, One Revolution of the Dog".

Sequels are not expected.

Karen

5 comments:

Pat in MN said...

You should put it out on the trail and attach a gun to it and "teach" it to shoot any porcupine that comes by.
BTW, how is Rocket?

Jenny Glen said...

I think the fact that all you've captured is Cricket is the proof that you have the camera in the most dangerous spot. She's a guardian dog. So she's placing herself in the most important place to guard. Or does the food truck come from that direction?

Helen J. said...

She's just helping you get the focal length and apertures set correctly. give her some credit, its hard to get things right with a non existant wild animal.

Teanna said...

mwaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! No wildlife because Big White Dog is doin' her job...

D.K. Wall said...

We think Cricket is just proving what a hard working dog she is, not to mention how successful she is at her job.

Might need to move that camera to a warmer spot to find Bet. Just saying.