Sunday 8 January 2012

Oodles of Stuffs - Bet

Howdy ho everybody!  I'm back after my week of double-secret probation from that little New Year's Eve "incident".  The Musher wouldn't allow me to touch the computer, or go talk to the Pretty Curly Tails, or leave the house (except for bathroom stuffs), and she even threatened to lock me in the outhouse at one point because apparently those flaming pants were... hers.  Sigh.

Anyhoooooooo, I'm back now, but I have a ton of stuffs to talk to you about today, so this is gonna be a long post!

Pictionary Picture

It doesn't come as much of a surprise that nobody guessed the pictionary picture thing.  One of you came kinda close, but here it is again to remind you:
 
 The answer is:  Gone With The Wind.

No, seriously, that's what she said it was.

Left arrow: they left, so they are gone
Squiggly lines blowing a leaf... wind

Yep, see what I have to put up with?




  
Musher Banquet Seating Winners

First of all, I wanted to announce the winners of the "you get to sit at the Musher table with the Musher during the banquet" contest thing sorta.  We drew the names a long time ago and told them already, but wanted to post it here to be all official and junk:
  • Patricia Wall      
  • Donna Morrow 
  • Dinah Abood 
  • LaRita Skipper  
  • Polly Bray 
  • Bill Bray 
Congrats and all that.  Please make sure the Musher doesn't partake in a whole lot of red wine during the banquet, and if she promises you something unrealistic, like skijoring behind a horse... don't believe her... well, actually you probably want to believe that one, so how about sky diving with a horse... yeah, not gonna happen.

Alaska Bound

I don't know if you've heard or not, but I'm not going to Alaska... sniff.

What with all of the stuffs the Musher has to do to get there, and stuffs to do while she's there, and since she and the Pretty Curly Tails will be staying at their gracious host's house and really, really busy doing stuff to get ready for the race and things, and then there's the coming and going, and races before the big race and such and things... that the Musher felt I would be more helpful here with Sarah Handler keeping the North Wapiti homefront safe and stuff, and things... and stuff.

After all, Sarah Handler needs help learning about tasty foods like waffles, peanut butter, and some vegetables when cooked properly, so she really needs me here to help with those things.

At first I was pretty upset about it, as you can see, but then I looked on the Interwebs about all of the things I would be missing in Alaska and found this picture of the snow fall they got in a place called Valdez.


Um... those are REAL cars down there.  It looks very cold.  How do the animals actually walk through that mess?  I would surely lose one of my designer booties in that... so... I'm pretty ok staying in the warm house on the cloud with Sarah Handler.  Besides, I can report just as well from the Border Collie Broadcasting Center (BCBC) and probably get you a lot more information than if I was there and stuck in a huge snow drift without the Interwebs.  Plus there's waffles here.

Speaking of Sarah Handler, I know there hasn't been much on the blog about her since her arrival.  You all got pretty familiar with Brittany Handler because of her many hi jinx with falling off of things, getting run over by Pretty Curly Tails, and general hilarity.

Sarah Handler isn't as fun... ok, she's actually very fun, its just that she's not fun in a blog material type of way... I keep trying to get the Pretty Curly Tails to run her over, or at the very least wrap her up in their rope thingies, but they are all in serious training mode, plus they don't want to blow their chance at going to the big race by getting grounded and have been behaving very nicely after the New Year's Eve pants incident.

Since Sarah Handler hasn't gotten much blog time, here is a recent picture of her as she was going out on the icy ground to feed the Pretty Curly Tails.

She didn't fall or anything... sigh. 

Ok, so in other exciting news... do you all remember me telling you the importance of a matching ensemble?  I know that some of you aren't as familiar with the latest trend in arctic fashion and how you too can look FABULOUS and STUNNING without resembling the Michelin Man thing.

Well, I have another exciting and cool announcement... but I can't tell you until that Nyquil sucking cartoonist gets off her butt and does her job, but I assure you that its really, REALLY cool and you will want to have one of your very own.

Until later

- Bet

1 comment:

D.K. Wall said...

Woooo! Congratulations to all of the table winners, especially the Thundering Herd hu-grandmom! Not that the hu-dad is jealous at all that his mother is getting to go to the Iditarod start and he has never been or anything. Oh, no, not jealous at all.