Wednesday 2 May 2012

Adventures in Babysitting - Bet

Howdy ho everybodies!  It's your non-roving Auntie Bet here!

We've been very busy here at Crampling Central, and I hope you've been enjoying the Crampling Cam (located on the upper right hand side of the blog)

As usual, Tramp is being a very good mother, although she has confided in me that she's really REALLY bored back there in the room all by herself.  She also has hugey huge aspirations for this litter, since it is a totally Iditarod batch of pups from the genes of the handsomest Iditarod stud of them all, Mr. Crunchie.

Tramp has actually set a whole work-out schedule for the Cramplings to include the Iditapool (once around the pool), the Pool Quest (the once around the pool international sled puppy race), the Puppy Cap Extreme (where the puppies have to crawl under the blankets in the pool and navigate to the other side), and the Pool Challenge (its puppy versus the mountain of baa baa sheepy blanket thingies).

I told her that I thought she was being a bit hard on them... they're only like 3 weeks old or something, but she insists that they will be the BEST Pretty Curly Tail sled dogs EVER.  At least she isn't putting them in evening dresses and showing them in the ring yet... well, she did mention something about practicing "stacking" after their mid-morning meal.


I figured that I'd give her some time away from the pups, but actually I was giving the pups some time away from her, and offered to watch them for a few minutes while she stretched her legs a bit and maybe freshen up some because... well... she's a bit stained from the... urp... stuffs and things when she gave birth and...

Ok, I'm ok, no really, I'm ok.

Anyhoo, so I told her I'd watch the little squeakers for her for a little bit and all..



I figured she'd only be gone for a few minutes.  It doesn't take long to freshen up a bit.  I do it quickly by using the bathroom whirlpool thingie and then wiping my feets on the towels that are conveniently hanging up... or the shower curtain.

After about 5 minutes, I started to get worried.  Was she eating my snack foods again?  I could have swore I hid it very securely under the couch cushions.

After about 10 minutes the Cramplings were getting very agitated and wanted to know when they could start their morning calisthenics so they could eat lunch.

After 15 minutes, when the squeaking got so loud I couldn't hear myself think, I went out to see what was taking Tramp so long...



Sigh...

Well, he is dreamy, but still...

Bet

1 comment:

Jack & Moo said...

What a good Auntie Bet!
I always pulled "babysitting duty" at my home kennel, too.

Miss Moo