Tuesday 21 February 2012

Feeling 'Girlie'

Ah, I remember when I was a little girl and got a pretty new dress. I'd dance and spin around in it, loving the feeling of wearing something pretty and new..................

Okay, not really - ALWAYS been a Tomboy and never have been into pretty dresses, I'm afraid. However I did get some amazingly functional and pretty new clothing the other day.

These....



Aren't they stunning???? I was almost dancing and spinning when I opened the box from Sarah McHugh.

On Sunday I took them for a 'test drive' ,,,,,,,


Yes, that is me on a snowmachine. Richard and I went out to watch the Iron Dog racers go by on the Yentna River. (It was actually a fun 'day off' - but don't tell anyone I said that).

...anyway....the mitts are incredibly warm. I'd been having a few issues keeping my hands warm earlier this year, but I think I have it all under control now!!!

Huge thanks to Sarah McHugh for working a good deal for me so I could have warm - and BEAUTIFUL - hands on the Iditarod.

Check out more of Sarah's amazing work on her Facebook page - Sarah McHugh
BEAUTIFUL, top quality stuff!!!!!

Thanks again Sarah!!!!!

7 comments:

FiveSibesMom said...

I think they are pretty awesome indeed!

Helen J said...

Those look awesomely warm and cozy. Very nice looking too.

Shirly said...

They look very warm and I hope they keep you very warm. And they are pretty too.

Teanna said...

Gorgeous stuff! (I checked out her facebook album too).

Bonnie said...

Speaking of new gear, I spread the word over the Iknitarod group on Ravelry that you need a new mitten harness, and a friend of mine said she knows someone in her village who could make one. As soon as I get more info, either she or I will contact you ASAP. Do you have favorite colors?

Karen Ramstead said...

AWESOME Bonnie!!!! That would be great!! Reds and purples are my favorite!!

Badas Musher said...

Love them! and us female mushers need lots of girlie things to wear to distinguish us when we are all bundled up to keep warm!