Tuesday 7 February 2012

You'll Never Guess....

So last night I was in Anchorage having dinner with two of my very good friends and sponsors, Alice and Lara Baker. Great company and a great pizza at the Moose Tooth!!

Afterwards I was killing some time and ended up at the Ted Stevens International Airport. While wandering around I ran into a nice British guy that sleeps in plant pots, has some experience with Curly Tails, is a fine musher, and (so I'm told) gives excellent 'crampy toe' massages.

I inquired if he was available to come up to Willow and help me get ready for Iditarod. He said he didn't have anything better to do!!! How wonderful.

(Now that is my story and I'm sticking to it - especially when a certain Border Collie hears the news!!)

Welcome to Alaska Richard!!! The Curly Tails and I are thrilled to have you up here!!! =)

Karen

4 comments:

Helen Johnson said...

Great to hear you are back Richard. I hope you have a great time in Alaska. Did you bring your video camera?

Natalie - Snowdrift Siberians said...

Welcome back Richard...!!! Bet is going to be beside herself....LOL!

Anonymous said...

YEAH RICHARD!!!!!!!!!!!
GLAD YOU ARE ON BOARD!
Sitka's Mom Lisa

Shirly said...

Aw Poor Bet I will sent her lots and of pats and kisses to comfort her. Sending them to you Bet