Sunday 21 March 2010

HOME!!!!!

As we passed the 'Turn Around Here' sign on our driveway the noise started in the back of the dog truck. First one voice, then a few more... by the time we pulled to a stop in the yard, 23 voices screaming and 23 dogs pounding on the doors to their dog boxes.

Cricket was there to greet me as I opened the door to the truck. Richard soon followed. Bet, Kara, X and the cats awaited us in the house. After a few minutes of joyful, noisy greetings, we got to work settling critters back in the yard.

They roared around at top speed on their nice long chains, checked out their dog houses and chattered away at the 'B' team.

It was a very noisy, but sweet homecoming!!!

A bit of unloading the truck, a bottle of wine and then it was off to my wonderful Sealy Posturpedic mattress where I drifted off to sleep with 'Bet toes' mashed into my face.

Life is good!!!

6 comments:

Chris said...

Great to hear you guy's and the team are home safe and sound.
Enjoy your rest, you both deserve it.
Cheers Chris

Swanny said...

Dorothy was right, there truly is no place like home. I'm glad you arrived safely. We miss you here in Two rivers, though.

mushmore said...

Glad to hear you all are safe and sound. I bet the dogs are having the time of there life talking between themselves about the whole experience. Keep up the great work on the blog. I really enjoy looking at it. Again thanks for all the great pictures and insite.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it home safely. Did Kara surrender the bed, or was there a standoff!?!? Please keep us updated on your hand!

mgailt said...

Oh, I'll bet it was a glorious homecoming, and noisy welcome from and for everybody. Wish someone had been able to tape it.

BADASmusher said...

Ya I know just what you are talking about.. Our neighbors just "love" it when we get home late at night froma race with 20 dogs on the truck happy to be back and the ones that got left behind welcoming us home.