Saturday 6 March 2010

Who Will Be Racing? (The Cartoonist)

I know some of you have asked: "so which Pretty Sled Dogs will be making the trip this year"?

I don't have a list of dogs on the Iditarod team (yet) but here's the list of dogs that made the trip to Alaska. Feel free to speculate (in comments) who you think the team will be this year, or even if your favorite dog made it (or didn't make it) and why:

Crunchie,
Q,
Runner,
Wolvie,
Charge,
Roscoe,
Herman,
Barq,
Jr,
Shooter,
Irving,
Hector,
Wifi,
Dasher,
Billie,
Jinx,
Spider,
Bingo,
Bang,
Tess,
See
and Rocket

I also wanted to assure everyone that the "Musher Safety Device" was applied and should keep Karen safe from sticks and other dangerous wooden things on the race trail this year.
* Please note, she was wearing her old Anorak during this cartoon. She'll be wearing the new Anorak during the race, which has also been modified for her protection.

5 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

I'm sure she feels safer already!

Never Say Never Greyhounds said...

Good luck! Love beautiful, but more importantly...functional dogs!

Huskymom said...

I hope Rocket makes the trek--I want to see pictures of her doing the Rocket Dance in Nome.

Anonymous said...

I had never seent the Rocket cartoons. If you missed them before click on the Rocket link above. My stomach hurst from laughing....

Karen E.

Anonymous said...

O Cartoonist, this was HUSKYTERICAL!!!! Thank you.