Wednesday 20 July 2011

How To Beat Your Border Collie

Before I got my Border Collie folks warned me about all sorts of 'neurotic' behaviors that some Border Collie can display. Bet is thankfully free of any of these annoying neurotic behaviors, except running in circles or back in forth in front of our pens.
If allowed she will kill hours that way. It's not good for her and it is really hard on the sandy ground in front of the pens, so we'd like to see it stop, but short of locking her in the house all the time have not found a way to make that happen.

Then yesterday while I was doing water buckets I noticed a bunch of activity up by the puppy pen.

Mark had been to town earlier in the day and mentioned he had some 'supplies' to pick up. I didn't realize he meant supplies to 'beat' my Border Collie with!! LOL

With the Tramplings supervising, he dug, raked, placed patio blocks, and shoveled. 


Luckily, it passed 'Trampling approval'....

...not so much 'Border Collie approval'...


In fact, she is downright annoyed...

While I shoveled the yard today, she tried running on the patio blocks, gave that up and just poked around the yard like a regular....well.....dog!!

She says her life is ruined.


I think she is being alittle over dramatic.

4 comments:

Caron said...

Poor Bet! She will have to find another sandy patch now :-)

Caron ( Mom to Demon, Memphis and Levi)

Helen Thorgalsen said...

Ahem, I think there is a little bit of denial here.....Bet is thankfully free of any of these annoying neurotic behaviors, except running in circles or back in forth in front of our pens.....but shhhh, don't tell Karen!!

Jenny Glen said...

Bravo, Mark! If you ever get tired of out thinking your border collie, you could come down here and help us out think 20 of them.

ThePainterPack said...

No one warned me about BC's. So, I've learned on my own! Our Tbone is totally just like you described! He stays outside with our husky Jedi for most of the day and he absolutely runs Jedi crazy! He'll race back and forth and around in circles and bark!

Maybe I should try your method of beating! LOL!