Sunday 17 July 2011

Kathryn

I often get asked if I stay in touch with my previous handlers that have worked at the kennel. The answer is a definite 'yes'. Some I am in touch with more then others, but I mostly keep in touch with all of them. All of them pretty much have a standing invite to come out to the kennel and visit - this past week our '07 - '08 handler Kathryn, her husband Pete, and their 2 dogs (Bean - who is from here - and Nokomis) took us up on that invite.

I had spent the night at their place in Detroit (as other handlers - like Helen and Richard will tell you having me show up on your doorstep is one of the hazards of having worked here at the kennel!) while I was in the area a few years back, but this was the first time Kathryn had been back to visit us.

We had a great time catching up and playing with the dogs!

Dasher teaching Bean to be a 'sled dog'.

Kathryn, Bean and the Dasher Dog

Pete and Bean

Kathryn and Pete's Nokomis

NorthWapiti's Jelly Bean (aka Mr. Bean, Bean, Beanie Baby....)

The 'real' Bean!!

Come back anytime guys!!!

Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful dogs, all of them! Did any of the NW family remember her? I think it would be so wonderful to be able to be a handler @ NW and even more fun to come back & visit.
Looks like Kathryn fit right back in with Dasher & Bean pulling her.
Hope you all had a good visit.
Sitka's Mom Lisa