Sunday 24 July 2011

Just How Much???

I hate to dwell on the rain, especially since today was lovely and RAIN FREE (yeah!!!), but when Bet and I were biking around our dog trails today I was shocked to see all the water on the trails.

In the spring of years with big snowfalls we get a big puddle that forms on one of our main trails. It's great for puppy training (well, there was that one year that it caused me some BIG trouble - Five Miles From Home ) but it is usually gone well before the end of April.

This was it in the spring of 2010...




 And here it is in  the spring of '09...


And here's a few pictures of it today...




Here's a different view of the puddle in '09...


....and today...






I told Bet that the blog would be better if there was a dog in the 'puddle' to give 'perspective'. This was her response...


How rude!!!!!

But trust me, there is A LOT of water down here in the valley!!!


Alot!!

4 comments:

Barbara said...

Smart dog! (And she's even learned to bike?) :)

Dana Joyner PA said...

Hey Karen & North Wapiti gang,
Do you think that you could send some of that water east to PA? We haven't had any since 4th of July weekend and we've had at least 2 heatwaves of 100+ degree weather. I've been doing a rain dance but... we're dry, dry, dry!!! So, enjoy that water !!!

BADASmusher said...

Dang ! Itlooks more like a pond than a puddle... LOL

Poor bet.. :-)

Anonymous said...

That is alot of water! The dogs need canoes! This has been one terrible year for weather related catastrophes and it doesn't look like it is going to stop. I have been thankful everyday that we have been so lucky. All around the state, country & world there's been rainfalls like you have and droughts like Texas & others are having yet my little plot of land has remained happy. I'm very grateful.
I hope you dry out soon,
Sitka's Mom Lisa