Sunday 17 July 2011

I Have A Confession To Make

Over the years the blog has been filled with images of folks scootering our trails with their dogs and my dogs.

Family...

 Friends...
 and slightly crazy handlers....

But never has there been an image of me on the scooter. That is because I've never gone on a run on it!! Seriously!!
Well, that isn't entirely accurate, there was that one time.....I lasted about 100 feet and then flew (in very spectacular fashion, if I do say so myself) over the handlebars. I have a good number of excuses for that incident, I won't bore you all with them....suffice to say that was the end of my scootering.

Over the years, no one has really challenged me on that - and if they did I had several well honed excuses as to why I wasn't scootering with them.

A couple days back we dragged my lovely Pawtrekker scooter out of the garage so Kathryn could take Bean and Dasher out.



She had a great time. Everyone always does.

This morning after running, feeding and shoveling after the Tramplings that darn scooter was staring at me as I walked back to the house.
Next thing I knew I had harnesses on Jinx and Bingo and was on the scooter headed out of the yard.

There are no pictures - I likely wouldn't have gone out if anyone had been around to photograph it - but the girls will tell you there were no crashes or even near crashes. We had a blast!! And of course, after the first downhill I was whistling them up on all subsequent downhills!!

I wonder if Charge and Q are up for a run on the scooter tomorrow!!!

=)
Karen

9 comments:

Natalie van der Merwe - Snowdrift Siberians said...

Um...if I can scooter (and I am older than you...LOL) and survive...you can! It is an unbelievable feeling as it is a far more personal ride than on a big team...just you and 2 dogs...!

Jenny Glen said...

Woohoo! I had no idea you didn't know what you were missing out on! The time I scootered with your dogs was the most fun EVAH!

D.K. Wall said...

Scootering is a blast, though the wipeouts can be spectacular.

Molly McMusher said...

I actually got Gary Paulsen to ride my scooter behind one of my Siberians. He rode the brake the whole way. Sadly, i didn't get any photos though.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome! Another fun thing you get to do now!!! I bet this is an art to it. Kindof like the time I tried to roller blade w/Sitka pulling me. Yeah, that went real well!!! Not!
Have fun again tomorrow but be careful. Make sure someone gets a photo or 2 to share!
Sitka's Mom Lisa

Louise said...

Oh my gosh! Ramey would kill me if I even suggested such a thing!!! He won't even let me on the back of a sled unless he's driving it and I'm wearing a back brace and it's well padded and we're only going a short distance. (I think he's afraid I'll "crash")

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen. I agree with Natalie and would even challenge you to take your bicycle that you posted about last week, and give it a try with 2 of your dogs. It is very personal with a smaller team. It is loads of fun and super great exercise :-)

Caron ( Demon, Memphis and Levi's mom)

Rob Fradette said...

Q and Charge would be fun. I'll never forget running Watt and Q at your place. Fastest run I've ever had on a Scooter.

Jenny Glen said...

You can't ride the brake at Karen's as I found out the hard way. It's too sandy and you WILL fall! You just have to hold on and balance as you turn the corners!