Sunday 10 July 2011

Rain is refreshing????



Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.  ~John Ruskin



Hogwash....while I agree that 'sunshine is delicious' and 'snow is exhilarating' - I'm having trouble with that 'rain is refreshing' thing. 


Maybe this is why I think that (it was taken at the kennel yesterday) ...



or this....

or this...


Then I thought maybe I'm overreacting. So I asked Crunchie if he thought 'rain was refreshing'?


I'm fairly certain that is a 'NO'.

Maybe Irving and Runner have a better perspective on rain...

Guess not.

Tramplings?????

Gosh, where is the bouncing and yelling??? I guess they don't find it very refreshing either

Bet, Bet???

Meh...
What about Cricket??? She always has a pretty good outlook on things.....

...or not!!

But Cricks, you can you the ruts created by the runoff for a new sleeping spot!!


There is always a 'silver lining' I guess!!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of rain! Hope things dry out quickly.
The Tramplings have gotten so big. None of the dogs look very happy about the rain and Cricket has quite a rut to relax in too.
Sitka's Mom, Lisa

Helen J said...

Just keep telling yourself, its lowered the fire hazard, its lowered the fire hazard, and the trees needed it. That should help get it in persepective and hopefully it will soon stop.

Anonymous said...

The look on Crunchie's face was priceless. I like a little rain...that was too much...
Tammy
Silver Spring

Teanna said...

imagine if it was snow...

(you just have to hook up those dogs to a kayak...)